My family and I were all seated around the television downstairs watching the finale of , "So You Think You Can Dance". It had started to rain about 7:00 p.m. then came the lightening and thunder. Right in the middle of a dance BAM!!! The T.V. blew, our sprinklers came on (which weren't scheduled to come on),and our thermostat was messed up. Our computer, which was on, was fine, the lights, clocks etc were all working fine. Layne and I went out to the garage to turn the sprinklers off. As soon as we walked into the garage there was a stong smell of burned wires. The sprinklers wouldn't turn off. He even flipped the breaker...nothing. We had to flip the breaker twice before they would go off. The thermostat I noticed was not working. It had the correct time but the temperature was 44 degrees, or so it said. Which I know wasn't true. This morning it is blinking 07. So we now get to purchase a new thermostat, sprinkler box and a T.V., we also need to fix the satellite dish which is now going really slow and won't playback what we have DVR'ed without lots of problems. At least no one was hurt! Scared, but unhurt. Katie started crying when it hit it was SO LOUD!!! We are grateful that again, no one was hurt and that more things weren't fried!
3 comments:
Wow! Scary! I am glad your house didn't catch on fire! sorry about having to replace the thermostat, tv and sprinkler box - dish should replace the satelite dish fo ryou... at least I would think they would! Do you have dish or direct? We have an extra direct tv dish sitting here!
I am glad you are all ok. One good thing your lucky you have Layne who is a smart man that isn't afraid of working.
Glad you are all ok. Lesli's brother-in-law was killed by lightening a short time ago while in his tent, camping.
Post a Comment