I don't know if I should actually be sharing this but...it is funny. At least I am choosing to look at it that way! I decided I wanted to clean the bathrooms and the front room and kitchen, including mopping the floor etc. My daughter, Katie came in from playing and she looked around. She then came and asked me if someone was coming over to our house. I said, "No". She then replied, "Why is everything so clean then?" I have to admit, I have not been very good with keeping up with housekeeping this summer. So I guess that was a wake up call! I thought it was funny in a sad but true kind of way!
4 comments:
That is classic! My kids always know there is company coming when they are heavily pressed into cleaning! Otherwise I usually just do it myself or let it go!
I admire your gift to find humor in the little things of the day.
Whenever I ask the girls to do some "cleaning" (as opposed to just straightening up) one of them inevitably asks who's coming over:)
Julie, you can come help at my house now that you did yours. At least if you said you are coming maybe Miranda and Stacey would help me. Have to love kids and I can just see Katie when she said it.
Post a Comment