Monday, November 28, 2011

Well...it could have been worse!?!

I played in Relief Society for the first time yesterday. It was such an emotional week. I don't know how many times I cried and thought I can't do this. I had a stress/tension headache on Sunday and was very emotional. The first song I played was TERRIBLE!!! The last song was actually alright for the most part. My fingers were shaking so badly on both songs it was amazing any sound came out at all. After choir I came home and, you guessed it, cried. Other than the headache, crying and lower self esteem it all worked out! Layne tried to leave me a supportive note before church. It basically said, sometimes the Lord calls us to a position to help others and sometimes he calls us to a position to serve us. So let him. To which I kept thinking, how can a stress headache, emotions out of control and lower self esteem be serving me? Nope...he tried to help but I am not seeing it. I know I am being a "negative nellie". I hope at some point I can look back and say, "I am so glad I received this calling." As for now...not so much.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

You will! Just relax and realize that a lot of people in there totally sympathize with you and are not judging you! I remember laughing and playing the top hand sometimes - after all, no one is singing tenor and bass in relief society!! This is a great way to stretch and increase your talent, so let it happen! I know you are working hard and it will get easier! I saw a sign today that I will share with you as a thought (not that I think you are guilty, but it applied to me so...) The Lord can make water out of wine, but nothing out of whining!! Or something like that!! :) Love you! Chin up!! Some of the ladies are probably glad to know you aren't perfect!! :)

Sheri said...

Ha! This comment was still on my computer when I turned it on... I have been crying and whining all day!! Maybe there was a hand in saving it on my computer?! Although - if that is the case does the word verification of motel mean I should just find one and go unwind a little?! :)