Saturday, May 8, 2010

Health Days 10K

Layne and I ran in our first 10K this morning. We both finished! Layne did really well finishing in a time of 54:00 and I finished with a time of 54:51. I wasn't extremely happy with my showing but I am glad to say I finished. It was one of those days when running is not good. I didn't get to sleep until after 12:30 a.m. and woke up at 5:54 a.m. I didn't load up on liquids yesterday (which I should have) and so I had a little drink with nothing to eat before the race. It started at about 7:50 a.m this morning. I think my body is used to running at 5 a.m. All of these things combined didn't make for a great run. Oh well. Live and learn. I need to figure out something for the Wasatch Back Ragnar relay. We will need to eat during that relay, so I need to figure out what to eat that won't adversely effect my body. If there are any runners out there that would like to give me pointers (Emily) please feel free to do so!

Andrew and Connor along with my sister Mandi and her husband Jared ran in the 5K and they all did great! It was fun to all get out and run together this morning. Except for the running part. (wink, wink.)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I think that is great! Maybe next year!:)

Jenni said...

Wow I'm impressed. We are moving to Provo the end of July.