I can't believe that the last day of school is tomorrow. Even that is only half day. I am excited for summer and all the fun camps and activities. I just need to come up with some fun activities that will keep my kids occupied so they won't have time to do too much arguing. I have already thought up one. Katie's class had an 'author's fair' a few days ago. Her teacher loves books and reading so to help her class she had them write their own books and illustrate them throughout the year. The 'Author's Fair' was to let the kids show all of the books they have written over the year. Katie loves to write and illustrate books. That has been her favorite thing all year. She even wrote and illustrated a book about her teacher to give her as a year end gift. It turned out so cute. I typed it after she wrote it then she illustrated the book and we went and had it bound. Her teacher LOVED it!
Cole loves to draw and is an amazing artist. He drew a picture of a bulldog for his year end gift to his teacher. She has a bulldog named Murphy that she loves. We bought a frame for it and put a ribbon decoration mat on two sides. It looked fabulous. His teacher LOVED it.
So to keep these two occupied for the summer I thought I would try an art exhibit/book fair. I will have them write more books, and draw more art and then send invitations to their grandparents to come and have a meet and greet with the author/artist. With lunch included. I don't know if it will all work out but I think I will ask my kids what they think of the idea.
Now I just need to find something for Andrew and Connor! :)
Glacier Lake
7 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment