Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Official!

I have finally made the decision to take the offer of becoming a Gifted/Talented Specialist in the Cache County School District. With the support of my family I will be joining the work force this next school year. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have loved being a reading aide substitute this year. The kids are so much fun to get to know. Kids are great for self esteem too...most of the time. I love when I am at the grocery store, sporting event or just around town and one of my "students" will come up and give me a hug or say HI!, then turn to their parents and explain who I am. And that was just being a substitute.

I figure with all of the changes going on this year I would just throw in one more. We have new school configurations, ward boundaries? and a new stake all happening in the next 2 weeks (for church)to 3 monthes (for next school year). It will be challenging and exciting to see what the future holds. I really appreciate all of the feedback and support from everyone who has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and GO FOR IT!!! So I am taking your advice and GOING FOR IT! I am sure your prayers and continued support will be needed. :D

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on the new job!

Sheri said...

Good for you! You will be great!!

Desertbound said...

Yea! Good for you! The students will be blessed because of you:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Julie, where do you teach??