I was unexpectedly offered a part time job today. I attended my Gifted and Talented committee meeting today. After lunch we discussed writing up the handbook for the program. We were broken up into teams of 4 and given a section of the handbook to start writing. As the group I was in was doing this, I was approached by the person in our school district who has headed up this committee. She asked me if I wanted to be the first TA (teacher's assistant) that they hire for the upcoming school year. That is what the gifted/talented teachers are called. It would be slightly less than 20 hours a week. The way we have set it up so far is for a TA to be in charge of the Gifted/Talented program at 2 schools. So if I took this opportunity I would have 2 schools with students in at least the 4th & 5th grades but possibly 1st-5th grade students that I would be working with in small groups. I would do enrichment activities and lessons with them twice a week. I told her I would think about it and let her know. So what do you think? She said I was exactly what they were looking for. Someone who had gifted kids and was involved in the schools and community. This would be WAY out of my comfort zone. But I would obviously receive training and I think it would be an interesting challenge. I don't know...it is very scary. If you have any advice that would be great! I have talked with Layne and Andrew about how they feel and as yet are undecided. There are a lot of things up in the air. I will obviously make this a matter of prayer and it will be a family decision, but I would appreciate any input.
1 comment:
I think you would be great at it and allof your kids are in school, so why not do something to further your growth while they are furthering theirs? You never know what life holds in store, so this could be a great opportunity for you to develop career skills while still having plenty of time for your family and helping kids along the way.
Post a Comment