Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tony Grove






We went to Tony Grove on Saturday. It is sooooooo beautiful. We love to go hiking there as a family. We go hiking there at least once a year. We take pictures of the kids and have a great time. Tony Grove also has a lake and it is beautiful. So this year instead of hiking as far as we normally do, we decided to hike to one of our favorite spots and take some pictures then come back to the lake and kayak with some friends. The place we hiked to is full of wild flowers this time of year and it is incredibly beautiful. The lake was a little cold but the boys managed to get in and swim around a bit. The girls and the adults all stuck to the kayaking and sitting around chatting in spectacular surroundings. It was fabulous. If anyone wants to come kayaking, come on up. We are always looking for an excuse to play! Of course it has to work around all the ball! Actually as a little side note, Katie, Cole and Connor are all finished with their baseball seasons. Connor's team won twice before they lost to the #1 team in the tournament. It was a single elimination. So they are done. Andrew's team is still going in their tournament. He, along with his team is doing very well. He has pitched twice and is doing great! The tournament continues this week so I will keep you posted. Andrew has also been invited to play on the All-Star team. So we have a few weeks of baseball left. I love it! I have such a fun time watching my kids activities, even though I may be a little more vocal then they would like sometimes! But someone has to keep the umpires and referee's in check...right?!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Sure... while the rest of us are slaving away unloading and unpacking boxes and cleaning... you are playing and having a great time! looks fun, invite us next time!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day. I was not slaving away helping with the move, I feel bad about that. But I was sick in bed with an awful cold. I wish we could come up sometime that looks like so much fun.