It seems like I don't really have anything to blog about and then BAM!!! A lot at the same time. So here it goes. The kids have all started school and are doing well and liking their classes and teachers. (For the most part, Andrew has one teacher that drives him crazy.) Andrew got braces on Tuesday, Connor is getting braces today after school. A couple of sore mouth's but it will all be worth it...right?!
Connor, Cole and Katie decided to do a Punt, Pass and Kick competition a couple of days ago. We received notice that Connor took 3rd in his age group 12-13, Cole took 2nd in his age group 10-11 (even though he doesn't turn 10 until Sunday.) and Katie took 1st in her age group 6-7. I am guessing that there weren't that many (if any)other girls her age that did it. But they all did well. Katie will move on to regionals in Tremonton on Oct. 23rd. Layne and I thought it would be really funny if she went to nationals and was able to go to a NFL game while her 3 older brother's watched. However she would owe a lot of her skills to her brothers who let her play football with them in the backyard.
Last night we went to The Lion King at the Capital Theater. It was AMAZING. It was so beautifully done. The costumes were incredible. The music and singing was great. The only real disappointment was the actor who played Scar. There is one scene in particular that really stood out to me. It is after Simba has been found again by Nala and he is confused and wondering out in the grasslands on his own. Rafiki (the monkey) finds him and starts to talk and chant around him. Finally Simba says, "Who are you?" to which Rafiki replies, "The question is WHO are YOU?" Then a few seconds later Rafiki says, "You are Mufasa's boy." Simba then says, "You knew my father?" Rafiki: "Correction, I know your father." Simba then explains that Mufase has been dead for awhile now. Rafiki then tells Simba that he is alive and he will show Simba where he is. Simba follows. Rafiki tells Simba to look in a pool of water. Simba said, "That is JUST my reflection." Rafiki tells him to look harder...He lives in you." Mufasa then appears in the stars and tells Simba, "You have forgotten me." Simba says, "No!" Mufasa: "You have forgotten who you are, and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life. Remember who you are. You are my son."
It makes me teary even now as I type this. If we all could remember who we truly are, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, wouldn't life be simpler? Notice I didn't say easier, because nothing that is ever worth it is easy. I say simpler because with that knowledge we are capable of so much more. We wouldn't be afraid to live our lives in such a way as to be a testment of what we believe and who we are. I think the struggle is to not only believe that we are children of our Heavenly Father but really KNOWING. I have never been good with words but I hope you all understand what I am trying to say or at least feel what I felt when I saw that scene unfold. I guess I want to be more than what I have become. I want to show that I remember who I am. So here is to striving to be better with each new day and showing my Heavenly Father that I remember Him and my Savior Jesus Christ.
Glacier Lake
7 years ago




4 comments:
I LOVE you, Julie! Thanks for being a wonderful, enduring inspiration to me! If you ever feel like you might be forgetting who you are, just ask me:)
Great analogy!! I think I might use that for FHE, I wonder if it is so clear on the movie! Congrats to your kids! Especially Katie! She can take her aunt Sheri with her!!
Love the analogy and love you. We find much joy in our posterity. Tell all of the kids congrats and sympathy on the braces.
What's with the comments on July?
I love you right back Heather! Sheri, it is clear on the movie. I came home and looked for that scene on the movie. But get the song for it too. It is called He Lives In You. Mom- I have no idea what it up with the July comments. People find a blog and say what they want to say.
Post a Comment