Saturday, February 20, 2010

Another basketball season comes to an end.

Today was the last day of winter basketball for Connor, Cole and Katie. Unfortunately they all played at the same time. We sent Andrew with Connor, Layne went with Cole and I went with Katie since I am her coach. This way everyone would have someone in the stands to cheer them on. Connor helped his team to a victory with a career high of 16 points. Cole unfortunately ended with a team loss. He, personally has had a phenomenal season, scoring much of his teams points and being a great defender. Katie's team played the only undefeated team left in their league. It was a hard fought battle the score ended at 22-20 giving us the victory!!! It was a great game. I think most everyone in the building was cheering our team on. I had 4 of the my team's dad's come over and say what a great job coaching and playing in this game. The scoreboard person congratulated us, a bystander that watches all of the games during the day came over and congratulated us. They all really wanted to see this team lose and ours win. Layne came to pick us up and the dad's then approached him with a play by play of the game, they were all so excited. I guess you really needed to be there to see the excitement. The account Layne received from some of the dad's was that the other coach kept substituting trying to mess our kids up with who they were guarding etc. But it didn't work. Our kids did great! The other coach substituted at least 3 times per quarter, it was crazy. Andrew's team also won their game today. Andrew has a lot more basketball left...his didn't end today. Cole is also on a competitive basketball team for spring ball (March). It was a great season for all. We all had a lot of fun. By the way Katie's team ended in a 3 way tie for 1st place. I think I will retire from coaching now...it is always good to go out on top! :)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

congrats to everyone!! Let us know if Andrew is playing in Ogden.