Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year

It's the beginning of a new year! It is mind boggling how fast time flies. Reflecting on the past year I feel so blessed. Instead of wondering about jobs and work like most of the country, Layne has had just as much, if not more work with his company. We were even blessed with a few raises this past year with his employment. We were all relatively healthy all year. With the exception of a few stitches, a broken wrist and a sprained knee we were injury free. And with all of the sports(and everyday life) we are involved in...that is saying something! I have been blessed with amazing kids. They always try to do their best whether it is in academics, sports, church, or anything else. Not to say they are perfect...they aren't. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who happens to be a great father as well. I have an fantastic extended family who is supportive and loving and great examples of love and gospel living. I have been blessed with great friends. I have also been blessed with many opportunities to grow over the past year. Being involved in my community has been great. I was saddened to end my service with the Smithfield Library Board in August. I had been with them for 6 years and loved every minute. Hopefully down the road I will be able to serve with them again. I have had opportunities to help in the schools through, PTA, Community Council and as a Reading Aide Substitute. All of which I am continuing with through this new year. Through these experiences I have been offered a new opportunity with the Cache County School District. They have asked me to be one of two parent representatives on the Gifted/Talented Committee. As I understand it I will be helping to come up with a program for the children in our elementary schools that are gifted/talented. We will also decide how to determine who those students may be. I am very excited to be given this opportunity. I am excited to see what the new year will bring for me and my family. I am sure there will be highs and lows. I just hope I am able to look at each high or low with a spiritual perspective and not with the now perspective. For me, that is a challenge, especially when it deals with my children. I just have too much of the Mama Bear in me I guess. There is a quote that I love. It says, " Do you see difficulties in every opportunity or opportunity in every difficulty?" I hope I will see the later! I hope the new year is full of love, laughter and much happiness for all.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I hope so too!

Unknown said...

Hope your New Year is wonderful. Hope to see you soon.

Lizzy said...

Thanks for the Christmas card. It is fun to see your family growing. Glad your year was wonderful and hope for a great 2010 as well....Sorry we missed you over Christmas. Maybe next time.

Linda said...

Nice and clear review. But I think beginners still need the basics to fully grasp what's going on here.

Helen Neely