Monday, December 1, 2008

Make Room At The Inn

I love to reflect on the life of my Savior at this time of year. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting yesterday and reading the words to one of my favorite Christmas songs, Joy To The World. One of my favorite lines in the song is, 'Let earth RECEIVE her King! Let EVERY HEART prepare HIM ROOM. It is up to us to receive and to prepare our hearts to let Him in to our lives. In General Conference this past October, President Thomas S. Monson was talking of our Savior's life and said, "Earlier, perhaps perceiving the culmination of His earthly mission, He spoke the lament, 'Foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.' 'No room in the inn' was not a singular expression of rejection- just the first. Yet He invites you and me to receive Him. "Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
What an amazing invitation and promise from our Savior. That is my goal for this new year as well as this season, to prepare room for Him in my heart and life. I hope you will all have an incredible Christmas season. I echo the words of Joy to the World. "LET EARTH RECEIVE HER KING! LET EVERY HEART PREPARE HIM ROOM!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautifully put and thought provoking. Thank you for sharing.

Desertbound said...

Amen! Yea Julie! Thanks for your thoughts:)

CowboyBob said...

Sometimes I look around the earth and wish her King would hurry up and come. I love your loving thoughts.

Jenni said...

Hi Merry Christmas mission comp!
Cammy gave me your blog. Let me know if you want to keep in touch.
"Sister Church"

Lizzy said...

Hey Julie. I have been thinking you would do this. Please send me your e-mail so I can invite you to mine. My blog is locked. I post way to much but do love it. We also e'mailed our Christmas card this year but I do not have your e-mail. Glad all is well. It was fun to hear from you. Your family is growing up and so darling. Hope we can keep in touch better this way....
Love you guys. Liz
packer_liz@yahoo.com