Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Fun






Okay now that I have looked at the pictures I think I will have to do a slide show so here are a few pictures to tide you over until I post the slide show.

We went to Delta for our annual 4th of July celebration. We arrived Thursday evening at Grandma & Grandpa Finlinson's. Kerry, Robin, Sydney and Tanner (the Finlinson clan from Arizona) were already there. Miranda and Stacey Hone joined us on Friday after the end of their gymnastics camp at BYU. Sadly Tamera couldn't make it this year since she was in Virginia with her trampoline group...(she did bring home a national champion!) The Thompson family was also unable to attend this year. We went 4 wheeling on Friday up Oak City Canyon. It was windy but the trees helped break some of the wind so we had a fabulous time. The next morning we woke up to the sound of cannons. We attended the parade then went to the park for visiting with friends and to catch some fish. We then headed back up to the canyon for some more 4 wheeling fun. Layne and I prepared a dutch oven dinner for everyone and Layne made his famous peach cobbler for dessert. A great time was had by all. Cole was a little disappointed that we didn't go to the demolition derby this year but still loved the 4 wheeling (especially since he was able to drive all by himself.)

Layne doesn't have to work today so we are headed out kayaking for the first time this summer! Woo Hoo!!! I will post pictures later of this event.

No comments: