On my way home from an awesome DUE WEST/LADY ANTEBELLUM concert in St. George last Thursday, I called home to let them know about when to expect me. My daughter, Katie, gets on the phone and says, "Mom, I have a surprise for you." So I said, "You do? Is it a good surprise?" To which she replies, "Well...it's a surprise but I don't know if you will like it. Do you want me to tell you now or do you want to wait until you get home?" I asked if it was just her surprise or a surprise from everyone. She said, "Just me." So I said, "In that case, you can tell me the surprise now." "I got stitches!", she tells me. When I got home I got the full story from Layne. He had taken the kids with some of their friends swimming. Some of them were jumping off of the starter blocks at the pool into the deep end. Katie wanted to also, but wasn't confident enough in her new swimming skills so she had been jumping to Layne. The first jump was right on top of Layne, so he scooted off to the side. He told her he would come to her after she jumped. Katie didn't like that. So decide in mid-air to that it would be a good idea to jump to the side of the pool which was closer than her Dad. She jumped a little to far and smacked her chin on the side of the pool. Layne called one of the kids Dad's to come help at the pool while he took Katie to the doctor's for some stitches. She had to have 4 of them. They removed them yesterday. When I saw the Dr. Harris, I said, "It's us again." He laughed and said, "Yea, Katie has kept us busy this summer." Katie and I told him we would try really hard not to see him for awhile. Hopefully that will be the case! :)
Glacier Lake
7 years ago




2 comments:
Oh dear!
I have never been to the emergency room with my boys (knock on wood) but with Brynn she has had 3 sets of stitches and a broken arm and a bead stuck up her nose. It sounds like your little girl is on the same track :)
Oh! I empathize. We have had days, no wait... we have had years like that. I think I like Katie. She can hang out with us anytime. I carry a big first aid kit everywhere.
Post a Comment