Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wow! What a day.

Today started like every other day. Wake up at 5:10 a.m. go exercise until 5:55 a.m., come home go walking with my neighbor Karen until 6:30 a.m.. Woke up the kids about 6:40 for scriptures and prayer. Sent Andrew to school. Jumped in the shower then got breakfast ready, ate and finished getting ready for the day. Left the house at 8:30 a.m. to take Cole and Connor to school (Katie had doughnuts with Dad today so Layne took her to school at 8:00). Dropped Cole off and took Connor to school where he was involved in the school spelling bee that started at 9:00 a.m. So I stayed at the school to watch the spelling bee. He did fantastic. He tied for 2nd place. I say tied because there was a little controversy. There were 4 kids left, Connor happened to be first (and the only boy left)out of the 4. They gave him the word acquiescence (don't check my spelling!) he missed because he put in 2 ss instead of sc. Then the next girl got the word entrepreneur, she missed. 3rd girl got basilisk she spelled it correctly. The 4th girl was then asked to spell trichinosis, which she misspelled. The girl that spelled her word correctly also misspelled trichinosis. At this point they should have had Connor and the second girl come back up. But instead they just kept the 3rd and 4th girl. They both misspelled several words before the 3rd girl finally spelled 2 correctly. So just because the 4th girl was 4th and not 1st or 2nd to go she was awarded 2nd place in the spelling bee. But according to Connor's teacher the rules stated that Connor and the 2nd girl should have been up there with the others. Oh well...such is life. Then I ran up to Cole's school where I volunteer in his class on Tuesday's until 11:45 a.m. when I picked up Katie from Kindergarten. We arrived home at 12:00 had lunch with Layne then left at 12:40 to check Andrew out of school for a Doctor's appt with a Orthopedic/Rehabilitation specialist. Who, after the appt. sent us to physical therapy for an hour and a half. I called my fabulous neighbors to get Cole and Connor from school. After physical therapy we drove home and arrived at 3:30 p.m., just in time to take Cole and his friends to scout swim days by 3:45. Then took Connor to A&W for a shake to celebrate his spelling bee effort and ran to the store quickly to get a gift for a neighbor boy going into surgery tomorrow. Came home in time for my Visiting Teachers to come at 4:30 p.m. Phew! Had a great chat with them. Then went to the store to get some items needed to make Andrew's birthday cake tomorrow so it is ready for Thursday. Now I am exhausted and want to sit and chill for awhile. Really I want to go to sleep but it is still a little to early for that! I will blog more tomorrow!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm glad it was just a really busy day! When you said monster day, I thought something awful had happened!!

CowboyBob said...

Because you, too, are one of the most loving persons I know, may I refer you to the comment I made on Sheri's blog? I wish I knew a way to diminish "busy". Wanna get together for a horse ride this summer with us?

Lizzy said...

Some days are just like that... Run, Run, Run...